For all CORE program students:
Thank you for submitting your CORE Intake and Commitment Forms. You will be contacted shortly by the appropriate CORE faculty.
CORE students are encouraged to apply for the CORE 1+1 stipend. This is a competitive process. Awarding of stipends depends on the number of students who apply each semester and the availability of funds.
Eligibility for receiving the stipend:
- Completion of CORE Intake and Commitment Forms.
- Legal residency/U.S. citizenship.
- Evidence of a 2.75 GPA through high school transcripts or after completion of one full-time (12+ credits) semester of courses (100-level or above).
- Enrolled in one of the four CORE programs (SLT, Deaf Education, Education, or Interpreter Education).
- Ability to meet the requirements of the CORE 1+1 Stipend Agreement Form and CORE 1+1 Service Obligation Form.
- Registered for at least 6 credits per semester.
- For Deaf Education Program: Must be enrolled in ASL 201 or above (or equivalent).
- For Interpreter Education Program: Must have completed ASL 202 or above (or equivalent).
- For both programs: Must have “B” or better in ASL prior to acceptance into the program.
Step 3: COMPLETE AND SUBMIT Application for CORE 1 + 1 Stipend
For CORE program students receiving CORE 1+1 stipends: